This is a list of breaking changes that have been made to MILC. If your script stops working after a minor or major version upgrade this document will tell you how to fix it.
- Added support for Sparklines
- Moved documentation to Material for MkDocs
cli.config_dirto find the location of the config directory.
- Arguments, commands, and subcommands can now be marked as deprecated.
configsubcommand now filters out configuration that has not been explicitly set. The new
--allflag will allow you to see all possible configuration options and their default values.
- Setting program metadata through environment variables has been deprecated. In its place is the new
set_metadata()function. See Metadata for more detail.
- MILC now tracks whether a script is running interactively or not with
cli.interactive. You can pass
--interactiveto force a script into interactive mode even when stdout is not a TTY.
milc.questionswill always return the default answer when running non-interactively, unless
- You can now set the program version number with
os.environ['MILC_APP_VERSION'] = '1.2.3'
- New global arguments: --unicode and --no-unicode
- ANSIFormatter, ANSIStrippingFormatter, ANSIEmojiLoglevelFormatter, and ANSIStrippingEmojiLoglevelFormatter have been removed in favor of
format_ansi()being color aware. The new
MILCFormatteris being used in its place.
- The config file is now resolved to the actual file which should avoid overwriting symlinks. https://github.com/qmk/qmk_cli/issues/43
- Configuration: 0 and 1 are now considered integers, not boolean